External Factors are datasources on Advisor that aren't associated with any real meters on site, this could be something like Heating Degree Days, Machines Produced, Tonnage of Waste etc. An External Factor will require you to manually enter the data for the datasource in order to get the information on Advisor, click here if you wish to learn how to do that.
To create an External Factor follow the steps outlined below:
1. Go to the Settings tab along the top of your Advisor Energy Analytics webpage.
2. Go to the Datasources section along the left hand side of the screen.
3. Along the top of the page there is an option to add an External Factor, click on this link.
4. Follow the on screen onscreen instructions outlined in the screenshot below.
5. Click Submit when you are happy and your External Factor will now appear on Advisor.